[ frequently asked Questions
Which restaurants can we recommend?
In Poroszló the Kormorán Restaurant, the Aranyosi Manor, the Ladik Fish Restaurant and for breakfast and brunch the Füzes Cheese Factory.
Furthermore, the restaurants Sulyom in Sarud, Mariska in Tiszafüred, Lilaakác in Abádszalók.
If you are in the mood for sweets, you will find them at the Poroszló Rétesház confectionery or the Sarokház confectionery.
Where and when is the weekly market?
In Poroszló on Wednesday and Sunday from 6 to 9 am on the market square. The Wednesday market is slightly larger than the Sunday market. Here you can buy vegetables, fruit, eggs, delicious homemade pasta and homemade cottage cheese and milk.
In Tiszafüred on Monday and Saturday from 9 am to 1 pm in front of the brand new market hall. The market hall itself is open every day from 6 am to 4 pm. If you are looking for good meat, you will find the Hegedűs butcher there. He really does have everything!
Where can I buy groceries?
In Poroszlo you can find everything for your daily needs – at Coop and at tisza-tó-ABC. Fresh baked goods are available at the Bede bakery, pékség called. All the shops are on the main street.
In Tiszafüred there are LIDL, SPAR, TESCO, PENNY and many smaller shops for weekly shopping. You can get practically everything there.
Where is the nearest ATM?
There are two ATMs on the main road, both near the Coop.
Where can I get information about fishing?
Everything you need to know about fishing permits, fishing regulations and local peculiarities can be found here in English: itt megtalálható.
Where are dogs allowed in the lake?
You can find a fenced-in but nonetheless free dog bathing beach right next to the lido in Tiszafüred. It is a large, well-maintained grassy area under shady trees that can be used for several hours. Next door there is a fenced area with agility equipment. There is also a dog bathing beach in Sarud.
In Tiszafüred you will find the nearest vet’s surgery, and right next to it a dog wash salon that is open 24/7 – in case your four-legged friend needs a hot shower with lots of foam.
Do you get breakfast in ki-kötő?
Füzes Käsemanufaktur delivers breakfast for 4 or more people to ki-kötő on order.
If you come to us as a couple, we will be happy to put together a sweet breakfast basket for you: with delicious pastries, orange juice, homemade jam and fruit. The breakfast basket will then be waiting at your door. Just let us know if you would like to take advantage of this service.
How can you book in ki-kötő?
If you would like an individual offer, please contact us. We will then conclude a rental agreement according to our arrangements, which will also specify the payment and cancellation conditions and the amount of the deposit.
Ki-kötö can also be booked through the major accommodation portals. There you can see the free periods in the calendars.
Most of our guests are regulars and book directly with us.
What prices should I expect?
The prices listed here are indicative. Please ask us for an estimate, as depending on the time, number of people and pets, whether SZÉP card or not, prices may vary slightly.
Low season 2021:
In low season we rent main house and flat separately.
- Main house for max. 7 persons > 54.000 HUF/ night (min. 2 nights)
- Flat for max. 2 adults and 1 child > 25.000 HUF/ night (min. 2 nights)
- Main house and flat together for max. 9 persons > 72.000 HUF/ night (min. 2 nights)
High season 2022:
- In high season we rent main house and flat only together for max. 9 persons > 85.000 HUF/ night (min. 5 nights).
Additional costs in low and high season 2022
- Plus 2.000 HUF/ night and pet
- Tourism tax IFA for guests who have reached the age of 18 > 2021: 400 HUF/ person/ night
The above prices include:
Bed linen – Blankets – Hand and bath towels – Final cleaning – Wi-Fi – Heating – TV (Hungarian and international channels) – Wii box – Fully equipped kitchen – Dog blankets – Small library with books in several languages – Board games – Table tennis – Tournament table football – Exclusive 10x5x1.50m pool (only from 15.5. to 15.9.) – Water toys – 4,000 sqm garden – Barbecue area with 8-person swing – Playground – Pool lounge with comfortable seating – Herb garden – A bottle of red wine as a welcome gift – Surprise gift for guests who have a birthday during their stay with us – AND: Peace, space and surprising interior.
Who is ki-kötő best suited for?
For families, multigenerational ventures, guests with dogs, couples, groups of friends, retreat workshops.
What can families with small children expect with us?
Many of our guests come with small children or babies. We strive to provide everything you need for your babies and toddlers: Baby bath, cot, two Stokke highchairs, travel baby cot with mattress, child-friendly cups and plates, lots of toys and board games, picture books, a huge 8-person swing and a single baby swing by the walnut tree, a fairytale forest, a playhouse in the garden, a sandpit, a separate nursery, a children’s bike and lots of exciting places to keep the kids occupied for days.
What can guests with dogs expect with us?
Ki-kötő is dog-friendly. Four-legged guests are welcome here!
What you can look forward to:
- Fenced 4,000 sqm property.
- Kennel for medium-sized dogs
- Dog blankets
- feeding bowls
- Dog beach in Tiszafüred and Sarud (about 15 minutes each)
- Vet and dog wash in Tiszafüred
- Boat trips with dog
- SUP boards with dog
- Dog friendly restaurants nearby
We love our four-legged friends, but rules are important:
- As a pet owner, you must ensure that your dog does not leave the fenced area unattended and thus enter the public area or other properties. Our property is fenced, but smaller dogs may be able to find a way out. As accommodation providers we cannot be held responsible for lost dogs.
- Do not leave your dog alone and running loose in the house or grounds when you leave the property. The pool shower is not a suitable space to confine your dog. Therefore, a kennel is available which is suitable for small to medium sized dogs.
- As a dog owner, you are liable for any damage caused by your dog (both in the garden and in the house). You are obliged to keep your dog in such a way that it does not disturb the neighbours, does not cause any damage and does not endanger the health and safety of other guests. You must also ensure that your dog does not dig up or contaminate the garden. You must pick up your dog’s excrement immediately with a poop bag and dispose of it in the residual waste bin.
- Dog blankets are compulsory on all upholstered furniture and will be provided on site.
- Dogs are not allowed in the pool for hygiene reasons.
- Due to numerous stray males in the village, we cannot accommodate females in heat.
What are the booking and cancellation rules?
In the case of a booking that is not made via a holiday home portal, the accommodation is not bindingly reserved until the rental contract has been countersigned and a deposit of 30% of the accommodation price has been paid.
Our cancellation rules in the high season (15th of May – 15th of September):
- Cancellation more than 8 weeks before the start of the rental period: The deposit will not be refunded.
- The full rental payment is due no later than 8 weeks before the start of the rental period. If the rental payment is not received in full and on time, the reservation will be cancelled, and the deposit retained.
- Time of cancellation less than 8 weeks before the start of the rental full stop: The paid rent will not be refunded.
Our cancellation rules in the low season (16th of September – 14th of May):
- Time of cancellation more than 4 weeks before the start of the rental period: The deposit paid will be refunded.
- At the latest 4 weeks before the start of the rental period, the full rental payment is due. If the rental payment is not received in full and on time, the reservation will be cancelled, and the deposit refunded.
- Time of cancellation less than 4 weeks before the start of the rental period: The paid rent will not be refunded.
All payments must be made by bank transfer to the specified account or by SZÉP card (OTP, MKB, KH).
What is in the breakfast basket?
Pastries, orange juice, milk, butter, homemade jam, honey, and fruit.
Where can you have breakfast in the area?
At the Füzes cheese factory in Poroszló and at the Kör Café in Tiszafüred.
How can I pay for my stay?
By timely transfer of the agreed deposit and the total/ remaining rental price in forints to the specified account at OTP Bank or in euros to the specified account at Deutsche Kreditbank Berlin (DKB).
For Hungarian guests, payment by SZÉP card (OTP, MKB, K & H Bank) is possible.
On behalf of the entire ki-kötő team, we promise to do everything we can to ensure that your stay with us is relaxed and smooth. As our guests, you can also contribute to this by observing our house rules.
Who is ki-kötő best suited for? What can families with small children expect with us? What are the booking rules? What is in the breakfast basket? Where can you swim with dogs? Which restaurants are recommended? We answer these and other frequently asked questions here.