[ Family – friends – couples
Families, friends or couples – why ki-kötő?
Whether you are looking for a special place where you can spend a relaxing holiday with your large, intergenerational family, or whether you want to travel with your best friends – whether your dog accompanies you or you want to be alone with your partner for a change – and no matter what time of year: in ki-kötő you have found the right destination!
With Your Family?
Spacious rooms with a tastefully decorated, homely atmosphere await you.
It takes days for the children to try out everything in ki-kötö.
Grandparents can enjoy the garden, the tranquillity of our bathing village and (in winter) the warmth of the fireplace.
Have you ever swung with your whole family? Then try it out for the first time with us.
If you like cooking, you will find everything you need here.
You’ll also find everything you need for barbecuing, kettle cooking and bacon frying.
Start your day with a refreshing swim in our pool and end it with a night dive. The pool is just for you.
Everything you need for active recreation is at your disposal: Organise a table tennis or table football tournament with your children. Take a bike ride around the tisza-tó. Experience the sunrise at the lake and the sunset in the puszta – only 5 minutes away from the house.
With Your Friends?
No one will disturb you here. Start the day with yoga or a workout. This is the place where you can do both.
Lots of places for good conversations: outdoors, on the 8-person swing or on our garden path, in the pool lounge at the cocktail bar, in the hayloft or on the veranda – all this invites you and your friends to linger.
If you like to cook for others, you will find everything you need in the kitchen.
Everything is ready for barbecuing, kettle cooking and bacon frying.
Start your day with a refreshing swim and end it with a night dive. The pool is just for you.
Kicker tournament or table tennis battle?
Our flat in the thatched former stable promises you the peace and quiet you are looking for.
Spend a romantic weekend with us, we’ll put the champagne on ice.
Do you fancy a delicious breakfast? Then let us surprise you with a basket of freshly prepared delicacies.
No local knowledge? What interests you? We’ll help you find the best places to visit.
The eco-centre is the biggest attraction in Poroszló. It comprises the multi-storey main building with its observation tower on the one hand, and the leisure area with zoo and adventure playground in a 10-hectare park on the other. The fauna and flora of the UNESCO World Natural Heritage Site at Lake Tisza are shown and explained in many places. The main attraction is undoubtedly the largest freshwater aquarium in Central Europe with a capacity of 735,000 litres.
Boat tour with a captain
Lake Tisza is part of the Hortobagy UNESCO World Natural Heritage Site. All is still right with the world here! Above all, the lake offers peace and relaxation in nature. The lake and river are connected by numerous waterways and can be explored by motor boats, kayaks and canoes. There are many islands and undisturbed wildlife on 127 square kilometres of water. Many protected bird species such as herons and cormorants, but also beavers can be observed here. Boats can be hired at the Poroszló marina. If you would like to take a guided tour on the lake to its farthest corners, we will be happy to make an appointment for you with our favourite skipper.
The water and nature trail is a special way to explore the water and wildlife of the tisza-tó. It is more than 1.5 km long and mainly consists of wooden footbridges that allow you to cross the marshy area on dry feet. The footbridges connect three small islands and lead past two bird-watching stations and a 15-metre-high observation tower. In this way, one can take a trip into the otherwise inaccessible wilderness of Lake Tisza. The water trail is one of the best places to experience the fauna and flora of the tisza-tó and one of the most visited nature trails in Hungary. It starts about 500 metres from the shore and can only be reached by water.
SUP Base Poroszló
Have you ever stood on a SUP – a stand up paddle board? Whether your answer is “Yes!” or “No!”, then the Poroszló SUP base is the place for you. Here you will learn how to get on the board, stay there and navigate with the paddle – a piece of cake! Once you get going, the ride on the water of the tisza-tó becomes a wonderful experience.
Visit the SUP base at the Poroszló Marina. There you will meet professional and very friendly SUP instructors. Boards and life jackets are available in all sizes and shapes. Experience the silence of Lake Tisza – on a SUP or with a SUP beer in your hand on its shore.
It was a surprise for us too when we discovered the master masseur Nándor Zayzon in Poroszló. We can highly recommend him! With his big but very sensitive hands, he can help you relax and get rid of the small and big problems in your muscles. Manicure and pedicure upgrades are available on site with Krisztina.
National Park Hortobagy
Here you can experience the original, endless Puszta on a Hortobágy safari.
And here you can find the largest stork breeding station in Hungary. The Bird Hospital Foundation runs a unique bird clinic in Hortobagy. It provides veterinary care for injured and sick protected birds from all over the country. A special experience is the departure of the storks to the south, when they are released together from the care of the hospital.
You will find a fenced-in but nonetheless free dog bathing beach right next to the lido in Tiszafüred. It is a large, well-maintained grassy area under shady trees, which can be used for several hours. Next door there is a fenced area with agility equipment. Our Smilla particularly likes it there. She can hardly get out of the water again. There is also a dog bathing beach in Sarud.
In Tiszafüred you will find the nearest veterinary practice, right next to it a dog wash salon that is open 24/7 – in case your four-legged friend needs a hot shower with lots of foam.
Beaches and baths
A lot has been invested in the tisza-tó’s beach baths in recent years. Each one has its own style and charm.
If you are looking for a loud, wet party with jet skis and all kinds of rides, you will love Abádszalók, Sarud and Tiszafüred. If you want to relax in calmer waters, it’s best to stay at the Poroszló lido.
Even in the cooler season, you don’t have to go far for a pleasant wellness experience. Berekfürdő, as well as the thermal baths of Eger or Egerszalók can be reached in only 30 – 45 minutes by car.
Just a few steps to the Kormorán restaurant
This was the first csárda we tried in Poroszló. The typical Hungarian garden restaurant has a beautiful covered terrace that seats the whole family at large tables. The csárda atmosphere is also reflected in the size of the portions!
- You won’t come out of here hungry.
- Here you can find the Hungarian national dishes, but also schnitzel with fries.
- We recommend this restaurant especially when the weather is nice and before dark.
- It is a place where children and dogs are welcome.
- It is very accessible for people with disabilities.
- If you spend a whole week in Poroszló, you should visit this csárda on a weekday. At weekends you sometimes have to wait longer for a free table. Reservations are not possible.
- There is a large car park, but it’s not really worth driving there. It only takes seven minutes on foot, and it’s even quicker by bike. And exercise is good for a full belly.
- There are menus in German.
- The staff is very nice. We like the fact that the waiters here don’t change from year to year, but that there is a professional regular staff.
- You can also order the dishes on the menu by phone and pick them up there later – not only in high season.
- We especially recommend the red wine beef stew with feta cheese and grapefruit.
- This csárda is open all year round. On the occasion of holidays you can order a very tasty buffet.
- The prices are reasonable and there has never been an extra request that we have not had fulfilled.
- All means of payment are accepted: cash, credit card, EC card.
- We can only recommend this Csárda!
Heavenly breakfast and brunch in the Füzes cheese factory
We visit this small cheese factory whenever we stay in Poroszló and stop by Ilidi and Peter’s to taste their latest variations.
- When you are greeted with a smile here, all stress immediately falls away from you. I don’t know how they do it exactly, but these hosts radiate a special calm and friendliness. They live slow food!
- Besides our sweet favourites like pancakes or buttered noodles with vanilla cream cheese curd, served warm, you’ll also find savoury cheese variations on the menu, award-winning varieties, smoked, hard or young. The choice is quite difficult.
- For breakfast, bread and rolls are home-baked and served fresh and warm.
- The cheese factory is right next to the market. So it makes sense to combine your morning visit to the market with a delicious breakfast there.
- Of course, you can also buy cheese there. Choose from the display case, take it home and enjoy every bite – flavoured with fresh herbs, free of additives and preservatives.
- You can also order a whole breakfast package to take home, not only in high season.
- There is a lovely seating area in the garden; but something very special are the lovingly designed café rooms inside the cheese factory.
- Have you ever made your own cheese? It’s possible here under Peter’s guidance and a great activity for a small group of friends, perfect also as an eventful family programme item. But make sure you book early. Such an event usually works better on weekdays than at the weekend.
- The cheese factory is open all year round, but not all day in the low season. You can find out about the opening hours on their Facebook page.
Secret tip! GRAEFL MAJOR Kétútköz
When we first came to this estate, we could not believe our eyes. We didn’t expect to find such a paradise in the middle of nowhere in the Puszta. Here, the slow food atmosphere is palpable. Vegetables, fruit and meat come from the restaurant’s own organic farm.
This is by no means a restaurant for all days, but all the more so for those when there is something to celebrate.
- Slow food is when time stands still, when you are surrounded by complete tranquillity and can enjoy the very best flavours.
- We ate and talked there for almost three hours last time, tasting all sorts of things and exploring interesting and very tasty variations. For me, the cold leek and cucumber soup was an absolute highlight.
- The table decoration matches the stately ambience of the estate. Every detail, no matter how small, has been carefully chosen.
- There are also stylish accommodations here, which are very sophisticatedly furnished.
- We met Györgyi, our extremely friendly hostess. She took a lot of time to welcome us and show us around. Maybe she will give you a tour on her property too?
- There are special offers for every season, whether Christmas jelly, bejgli or a summer magic dessert.
- The small chapel on the estate is a masterpiece of restoration.
- Many of our guests spend their birthdays in ki-kötő. We especially recommend this restaurant to them to celebrate their special day.
- You can book in advance for lunch or dinner from Thursday to Sunday.
New fantastic place – SULYOM Landscape Restaurant Sarud
Everyone who knows a little about tisza-tó had already heard that a modern, high-quality restaurant had opened in Sarud. The clever online marketing had also aroused our curiosity, so we went to find out if the new cuisine would deliver what it promises to its guests. We were not disappointed!
- It is an elegant restaurant with spacious indoor and outdoor areas.
- A quick glance at the menu is enough to discover the AndersARTigkeit in a traditional guise here, too: Wonderful flavour combinations! I was particularly taken with the rosé duck breast – definitely try it!
- The drinks menu is also worth a look. You’ll love what you discover there. And if the whole family decides that no one should miss the good wines of Eger, the restaurant offers a shuttle service back to Poroszló.
- Mothers, listen carefully! You won’t believe it: there is a mother-and-baby room with a quiet breastfeeding corner. And a playroom for the little ones. I don’t know of a better baby- and child-friendly restaurant in the area.
- We also met Gyulá, our host. He promised us that a German and English menu would be waiting for us soon.
- From Poroszló it is very nice to cycle over the lake dam to Sarud – or to get there by car in about 10 minutes.
- You can book online and even choose your seat.
- The restaurant is barrier-free accessible for prams and people with disabilities.
- Dogs are welcome.
- What we stand for in ki-kötő – the combination of Art and Eco – is also reflected in Sulyom. There is an exhibition of local artists and – still rare in this area – two charging stations for e-cars.
- Open from Wednesday to Sunday.